- You must be able to complete the course in 6 hours.
- You must be in good health and physically prepared to undertake the challenges of a marathon or half marathon.
- Event bib numbers are required for participation. Participants must fasten their bibs to the front of their shirts. A timing chip must be worn on one of your shoes in order to receive a time and be included in the results.
- All participants must be registered in order to participate.
- No strollers, skateboards, dogs or inline skates will be allowed on the course. Please do not force us to disqualify and remove you from the course for violating these rules.
- Headphones or I-pods are discouraged during the race. Participants must be able to hear oncoming vehicles, other runners and course officials. If you cannot hear directions from course officials because you are wearing headphones you will be disqualified.
- Participants must run no more than 2 abreast and stay to the left side of the road into traffic. Remember cars, trucks, and farm tractors are bigger than you and have the right of way along the roadway!
- Marathon and half marathon participants must give vehicle traffic the right away. This event is on a course open to vehicle traffic and no special privileges are afforded to us (except for the police escort at the start). Washington state pedestrian laws apply!
Walkers and slower participants: The Skagit Flats Marathon and Half Marathon welcomes walkers. Walkers and individuals with a 16+ minute pace are recommended to consider using a fanny pack that accommodates a water bottle. If you plan on participating at a 16+ minute pace per mile or slower, be aware that the course closes 6 hours from the start.